Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bob Sheppard?

There was a report today in the New York Times that Bob Sheppard is retiring, we found out yesterday that he won't be there for the exhibitions this weekend or for opening day. Bob Sheppards son said that this isn't true but the thing is he hasn't done a game since 2007 and he is ill and believed to be 98 years old so I don't think we can realistically expect him. If I were the Yankees why can't they get him to announce from his house and then have the recording for all time, no one else should be the public address announcer other then Bob Sheppard. I hope with the technology we have today they figure out a way to do something where he is the guy to announce everyone. Does anyone else have any ideas, if you do I would love to hear them, I am sure we can come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template